Thursday, December 13, 2007

Hot Chocolate





This year's neighbor/friend gifts:
Hot chocolate mix with chocolate and candy cane covered spoons.
I really am not a big hot chocolate fan.
I prefer cold drinks for some reason.
I always make my hot chocolate with 1/2 hot and 1/2 cold water.
I hate to wait for it to be the right temperature....
Anyways, I found this recipe and it is yummy!
It makes a ton (45 servings, I believe)
this is how the original recipe read:
10 cups dry milk powder
4 3/4c. powdered sugar
1 3/4c. cocoa powder
1 3/4 c. non dairy creamer (french vanilla)
Some commented on ways to enhance the recipe, I followed their advice:
instead of the measurements above use
1 bag of powdered sugar
1 tin of cocoa powder and
increase creamer to 2 1/4c.
Apparently the original recipe did not have enough sweetness.
Add 1/3 of mixture to 1 cup hot water.
For some reason, the list gets longer each year.
So I have been doing these in cycles.....
can't wait to get them all out of my kitchen.

8 comments:

{Erica} said...

They look AWESOME! Thanks for sharing the recipe! WOW!

Brittney said...

What a great idea. You are just so creative. Thanks for recipe!

Stephanie said...

Way cute. That is a really fun idea.

Alida B. said...

You are always so incredibly cute!!

Amber said...

Those are cute. I like those jars & the idea of using fabric instead of ribbon.

Jen Rose said...

So cute Heather! I love the jars too!

Linde said...

Of course they are so cute! Great idea.

Heather said...

Really Cute! I love the way you packaged it. Wish I was your neighbor:>