Friday, February 01, 2008
Sunday, January 27, 2008
I am in the process of making a blurb book for this blog. I am so excited about that. When the images were being "slurped" it made me so happy to see them. I cannot wait for the final book. SO......I will be moving this blog over to typepad as well. When everything is set up, I'll post a link so you can bookmark me.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
We had another round of playgoup.
The kids had fun playing outside, it was nice today.
Kade and Parker didn't want a picture.
Monday, January 21, 2008
- Gotten a jury summons for the second time in three months. Apparently they just keep rotating your name into the mix until you HAVE to show up. Uggh!
- Cleaned a few poopy diaper messes one of which got all over the slide outside. Sick!
- Listened and listened some more to the griping of an 9 year old who actually acts much like a 13-14 year old. Who NEEDS a cell phone and her own room and blah, blah, blah.
- Dealt with a 3 year old who thinks that he runs the place. In between telling me that I am "the meanest girl ever!"
- Tried and tried again to get my kids to go to bed when I put them to bed not 2-3 hours later.
- Sat in the middle of a messy house and dealt with it.
- Waded through mounds of clean laundry to find things for everyone to wear.
- Rode in the dirtiest car EVER because kids never take their things inside. Kyle is the WORST, he leaves his socks in there until there are no more clean ones. Drives me insane.
- Refereed one too many fights.
- Made many dinners that no one would eat or even try.
- Told my three year old that it is not nice to pick your nose, eat your boogies, or to call people stupid.
- Pulled Brandon down off of the counter just to repeat 5-10 seconds later the whole time I am making dinner or doing anything in the kitchen.
- Had my babysitter cancel on me when its been ages since we've gone out.
- Dealt with Kyle throwing a ginormous fit in the car because he left his toy from the dentist and wanted us to all go back in to get it.
- Went to bed way too late because I was enjoying the PEACE that I can never seem to get enough of when everyone is awake.
It is a balance of the bad with the good that makes our lives sweet. Chanel is right, I do enjoy my life and my family. I wouldn't trade them or the crazy things they do that drive me batty for anything. I am happy to have this place to record our lives and be able to look back and smile. Because really, when you look back, don't you always remember the good times anyway? I do.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
- listening to Kade say "Play _______ with me." Ever since the kids left for school. The line can be filled with (trains, trucks, basketball, outside, in the sandbox) You get the idea.
- thinking that I can't keep up with things in the house that need to be kept up on when I am constantly playing with him.
- realizing that the house doesn't really matter.....and letting it go.
- frustrated with the older kids and the time in the afternoon after school. It is busy and chaotic and I feel like sometimes they don't always get what they need. Trying to give them what they need.
- focusing on a new plan/schedule/rewards/punishment system. The kids want allowance. We haven't been good about that. I think that they need to work and learn about money and managing it and saving it and how to wisely spend it. So......we are opening savings accounts and attempting another system. Hope it works.
- so happy that the hermit crab cage was cleaned this weekend, and not by me. Those poor, little creatures did not know how to act in a clean environment with fresh food and water. The kids have resolved to take better care of them. And they are excited again about watching them eventually move homes.
- doing endless loads of laundry and loving the smell of the dryer as I'm outside playing with Kade (:
- Concentrating on getting my photo assignment done. I always stress about it, but it is the process, and I am enjoying that.
- Thinking about getting some sewing done and balancing my time in the evenings. I spend way to much time on the computer.
Saturday, January 12, 2008
Gotta love that she has some smarts.