Monday, January 21, 2008

Not So Good Things From the Week

I found Lauren downstairs on Sunday in the office at Poppa and Grammie's playing Webkinz. She had a couple of sidekicks. We have computer addicted children. After reading Chanel's sweet comment on the last post. I have been thinking about my little life. And I suppose that it sounds wonderful from what is stated in this blog. Generally I only include the happy, little snippets.
Just to clear things up......it's not always great.
For example in the last couple of days I have:
  1. Gotten a jury summons for the second time in three months. Apparently they just keep rotating your name into the mix until you HAVE to show up. Uggh!
  2. Cleaned a few poopy diaper messes one of which got all over the slide outside. Sick!
  3. Listened and listened some more to the griping of an 9 year old who actually acts much like a 13-14 year old. Who NEEDS a cell phone and her own room and blah, blah, blah.
  4. Dealt with a 3 year old who thinks that he runs the place. In between telling me that I am "the meanest girl ever!"
  5. Tried and tried again to get my kids to go to bed when I put them to bed not 2-3 hours later.
  6. Sat in the middle of a messy house and dealt with it.
  7. Waded through mounds of clean laundry to find things for everyone to wear.
  8. Rode in the dirtiest car EVER because kids never take their things inside. Kyle is the WORST, he leaves his socks in there until there are no more clean ones. Drives me insane.
  9. Refereed one too many fights.
  10. Made many dinners that no one would eat or even try.
  11. Told my three year old that it is not nice to pick your nose, eat your boogies, or to call people stupid.
  12. Pulled Brandon down off of the counter just to repeat 5-10 seconds later the whole time I am making dinner or doing anything in the kitchen.
  13. Had my babysitter cancel on me when its been ages since we've gone out.
  14. Dealt with Kyle throwing a ginormous fit in the car because he left his toy from the dentist and wanted us to all go back in to get it.
  15. Went to bed way too late because I was enjoying the PEACE that I can never seem to get enough of when everyone is awake.

It is a balance of the bad with the good that makes our lives sweet. Chanel is right, I do enjoy my life and my family. I wouldn't trade them or the crazy things they do that drive me batty for anything. I am happy to have this place to record our lives and be able to look back and smile. Because really, when you look back, don't you always remember the good times anyway? I do.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your the best!!!!!

Jennifer said...

Amen, sister! I LOVED reading that =).

jamie carter said...

what a great post.

i had to laugh because i've been going through a lot of the same problems.

these "not so good things" will be fun to look back on too.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! I feel the same way and it is nice to know that I am not the only one that has a crazy but wonderful life!

Carol said...

When you have forgotten all this craziness (and are dealing with a whole new kind of craziness) it will be fun to read these little snippets in time. And laugh!

Thanks for sharing your not so perfect world! ;) I may have to make a list of my own like that.

Linde said...

I am so glad that you shared. I loved reading that and glad that you have a life a bit like mine. Crazy little kiddos that we wouldn't trade for anything...well almost! ha

Growin' Like Weeds said...

i love your blog and I'm glad your world is as "perfect" as mine, I'm glad also to hear that I'm not the only "mean girl". I hear that daily!

Jen@eighteen25 said...

that was fun to read.... it's nice to know I'm not the only one dealing with some of those things... so glad i'm past the poopy diaper age though..haha.

Amber said...

You mean girl!

Alida B. said...

I love reading your blog!! Heather you are the best...even when you are being the meanest girl!! ;)

Unknown said...

I can identify with many of those items. #15 is a nightly thing. I enjoy checking in to see how you are doing. I got some new glass for Christmas. Yay! Have fun at Disney:)

Ryan said...

again, thats why I love you and your blog! i knew I was coming from blogger-perspective, and things aren't always rosy, that would be freaky!, but you and what you do and how you do it are not only fun to get to read, but inspire- so thanks!
and ps- you're soooo scaring me with a glimpse into pre-teenager girls!!! ahhhhhh!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just saw your site and thought I would stop in because your name caught my eye. My name is Ric Abbott from NC. I have two daughters: Heather (29) and Lauren (24). Very nice things from life. Take care.

Colleen said...

You'll blink and be sitting home like me reading everyone else's blog and thinking where did the time go? wish we'd been blogging back then, I'd have tales to tell...

Soares Family said...

And I only have one who can fill up that list!! J/K! But you keep calm thorugh it all, that's what I admire about you!