Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Christmas 2007

Christmas is down. It feels so good to get it all boxed up. I have no idea why I can't stand the decorations after Christmas. I love the anticipation of Christmas and all of the traditions and time spent together with family, it is just nice to get on with it.

We had a nice Christmas Eve. New pajamas for the kids, a nice ham dinner, a little reindeer food, some treats for Santa.....thankfully we had ingredients for these yummy pretzels because I was in no mood to make cookies from scratch. That idea seemed good enough for Kyle. Everyone went to bed at a reasonable hour and woke up at 7am. Not too shabby.




We had a nice time here opening presents. The three big kids went downstairs together and I kept hearing "That is awesome!" That totally makes it for me. They were all happy, and I was happy. We spent the rest of the day at Poppa and Grammies with the cousins. Lauren set up a storefront using Sadie's puppet theater. She made little fliers for "Sassy Nails" She did every one's nails including great grandma. And all the kids were hanging out holding Trace's dog Spike. His sweater still cracks me up. We are all still trying to get well. I am really sick of medicine bottles and lists of who has had what at what time. Hoping we get over this soon.








3 comments:

Amber said...

Cute pictures. I'm sad that I missed "Sassy Nails". Grandma still had her nails painted on Sunday.

Linde said...

I love those pictures! I feel the same way about Christmas. Love to get it all up and love to take it all down!

Candace said...

Lauren was SO adorable with her nail salon.