Thursday, January 10, 2008

Little Bits

After preschool and playgroup yesterday (5 hours away from home), I called Kade "honey."
He said "Don't call me honey Mom."
In his irritated tone.
"Call me Kade!"
When Kyle was around 4, he used to say most frequently:
"Maybe yes or maybe no"
as a response to a question.
Kade is now most interested in the definition of the word maybe.
"Maybe means YES!" he says
We resort back to Kyle's four year old definition to try to relate to Kade. He's starting to get it.



I am loving Brandon's little hawk.
He just got a haircut and I think that he looks so grown up with his hair all gelled up.
Lauren is working on a rain dance to learn the water cycle with a group of her classmates.
She has come up with some cute choreography.
I commented on what a great job she was doing making it up.
"We can't make it BRILLIANT because then Mrs. Sanders will make us do it in front of the class."

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before, BUT our neighbor who I think gets really irritated with us and our kids and all our stuff in the backyard, has this "tree"

He has no other landscaping in the backyard besides his pool. Next to the pool is this weed. Seriously it is some desert bush that you would find growing next to Lake Mead. We used to joke about it when it was smaller and not so tall. That maybe the association would send him a letter to pick his weed. We even debated hopping over the fence and pulling it when he was gone to work. Apparently he likes it. This large weed now looks like a tree. But in my opinion, it is an eye sore.

7 comments:

Carol said...

Our neighbor had some lovely "trees" until they took a machete to it all last fall. I have confidence they will be back!

Brandon is a heartbreaker with his new 'du'.

Amber said...

Remember the "weed" that you pulled out by our front door. But it was really a wild flower that Brian planted. One that he brought home from a trip? This post reminded me of that. That was so funny!!

Heather said...

Yes Amber...that story still cracks me up! It makes me think maybe the neighbor did it on purpose and he thinks it's pretty??

Caitlin said...

That tree does look like a weed! I say pull it while he's gone.

Stephanie said...

I hate weeds too. I think you should chop it down when they are not home. Sometimes I pull the neighbors weeds when they are not home. It makes me so crazy.

Linde said...

I love that Brandon is "rockin' the hawk". It is so cute on him. That is funny about your neighbors WEED! Just send Kyle over to pull it!

Jennifer said...

Your kids are so cute, love the hawk especially! That tree looks like a weed to me too- bummer. I'm excited you're taking another class from Wendy. I'll look forward to seeing your assignments =). Your resolutions are fun too. I'll definitely check out your photo a day blog now too!